Beef Shank Chopped BBQ
- Beef Shanks-2-4 Pounds
- Seasoning – Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder ½ teaspoon per pound of meat – Dried Rosemary ¼ teaspoon per pound of meat
- Beef BBQ Sauce
How to Make
- Thaw shank
- Coat with seasoning
- Place in slow cooker on Low heat
- Cook for approximately 8-10 hours until the meat falls of the bone. **Shank can be added to slow cooker still frozen, when doing this add 1-2 hours for cooking time. Always check the meat tenderness starting at the 7–8-hour mark.
- ***Tip- There is no need to add water if your meat fills your slow cooker. If you have a lot of room left add ½ inch of water to keep meat from drying out.
- When done, remove from slow cooker, discard bone ( meat should be falling off the bone).
- Add some of the cooked-out liquid back for moisture and mix in.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes
- Serve with your preferred Beef BBQ sauce.