On my journey to eliminate unnecessary chemicals from our family’s lives, I started to take a closer look at our daily skin care products. It seems like every other day, there is a different recall for deodorant, soap, sprays, shampoos, creams, and lotions for containing a chemical that “may or may not” cause cancer. That’s scary when you stop and think about how much of this stuff we use over the course of our lives.
I started researching natural ingredients for the skin and I came across a simple yet powerful ingredient that I am very familiar with. Tallow! Did you know that grass-fed beef tallow is packed full of healthy nutrients that are extremely good for your skin?
Grass-fed beef tallow contains all the nutrients needed to nourish and repair the skin. It’s also readily available and does not have be created in a lab or procured from some far-off exotic land. That’s just the kind of product I was looking for, local, simple, and natural.
I’ve been making my own tallow products for months and they are AMAZING! Who knew we already had access to the perfect natural solution. The nutrients and cell structure of tallow is a lot like our skin’s cell structure and the nutrients that our skin needs. Tallow provides the building blocks for rebuilding and repairing our skin. Tallow balm is perfect for natural healing, soothing, moisturizing, and replenishing. It has so many uses, and can be applied to you face, body, feet and hands. It’s quickly absorbed by your skin, so no greasy residue.
Some of the benefits include:
- rich in minerals & full of vitamins A ,D, E, K & B12.
- natural antimicrobial & antibacterial properties and aids in skin regeneration.
- It is full of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) which has anti-inflammatory properties. CLA is found in the highest concentrations in 100% grass-fed tallow.
- rich in omega 9 fatty acid, known as oleic acid which helps the other nutrients penetrate deeply into the skin.
- contains palmitic acid, which helps improve our skin’s protective barrier, stearic acid, which helps repair damaged skin & improve skin’s flexibility, & palmitoleic acid (omega 7) one of our skin’s basic building blocks.
We have fallen in love with tallow products, especially the balm and soap. These products fall right in with our nose to tail philosophy. Using these products also puts us at ease knowing that we have permanently eliminated more potentially harmful chemicals from our lives.